With this vintage inspired craft it’s easy to create a handmade alternative Christmas tree for the holiday home decor. You only need a few items, and a little time.
You will need the following materials:
– Styrofoam tree base cone
– White craft glue
– Various shapes and sizes of dried pasta
– (Spray) Paint in color of choice
How to make the pasta Christmas tree:
1. If you will use spray paint, skip this step and move on to step 2. If you will use craft paint applied with a brush, start by painting the cone in the color you want your tree to be. Let dry.
2. Apply glue to pasta pieces and place on cone in desired design. Push a little and hold in place for a short time until the pieces stick.
No worries if you see small bits of glue in between the pasta at this point.
Continue until cone is covered.
Let the glue dry.
3. For the trees in these pictures i used regular acrylic craft paint applied with a small brush. If brushing the paint on, make sure to get in between all the nooks and crannies, so no pasta color is showing. Double coat is advisable.
To save time, you can also choose to spray paint the trees.
Storage tip: When storing the Pasta Christmas tree, place it in a plastic bag. If a piece of pasta does happen to fall off in between Christmas seasons, you will be able to easily find it and glue it back on.
If you paint these in white, they almost look like porcelain trees. Pasta Porcelain!